I love this time of year, the weather, the ankle boots and big wooly jumpers, and most of all the food. Even though I am now in bulk mode, I’m still eating clean. This shepherds pie recipe is one of my absolute favourites, made with lean British Live Lean mince beef, this recipe will warm your body and your heart.
If like me you can afford the carbs, have two portions, but if your on a bit of a lower carb diet 1/4 of the dish is more than enough for a satisfying dinner.
Dish makes 4 portions.
- 1 Medium white onion
- 2 Medium carrots
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Knorr Rich beef stock pot (or alternative)
- 2 Parsnips
- 300g Sweet Potato
- 400g Live Lean lean minced beef
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt/pepper/Paprika or seasoning of choice
- Start by peeling and chopping your parsnips and sweet potato, put into a saucepan with water and allow to boil. This will be your topping.
- Chop, and gently fry your onion in a pan with your olive oil.
- While the onions soften, chop your carrots into small cubes, then add them to the pan.
- Season the carrots and onions with salt and pepper and add in your mince beef, breaking it up in the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4/ 180 degrees.
- Once the mince is coloured, add your knorr stock pot with around 100ml of boiling water.
- Stir in the tomato puree, and pop the lid on the pan to allow to reduce.
- Once your sweet potatoes and parnsips are soft, drain the water, season with paprika and mash thoroughly until smooth.
- Keep an eye on your meat, and once its reduced and thickening up nicely transfer into an oven proof bowl and top with the mash. Transfer to your preheated oven for browning.
MACROS(per portion): 276 Kcal/ 6.7g Fat/ 29g Carbs/ 25g Protein