One thing I have really missed whilst dieting, is Reese’s peanut butter cups. When I got matcha green tea powder in my stocking this Christmas I couldn’t wait to try something out. These are so tasty and although they still contain a lot of chocolate so are relatively high in fat, they are a much cleaner way of getting that fix, without all the added nasties.
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 4 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Agave
- 1 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 120g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- Simply mix the almond butter, almond flour, matcha green tea powder and agave in a bowl, it should form a stiff texture that will be mould-able in your hands.
- Place your matcha mix in the fridge to chill while you prepare your chocolate.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together, preferably in a pyrex bowl over a pan of boiled water. Allow the chocolate to melt and then leave somewhere to slightly cool down.
- Prepare a cupcake tray with 6 cupcake cases, and spoon 2 teaspoons of chocolate mix into the cases. Using the back end of the spoon push the chocolate approx 2cm up the side of the cases. NB if your chocolate is very runny it may just run back down the sides so go over it a few times.
- Remove your matcha mix from the fridge and mould into 6 balls. flatten each ball to form a disc and drop on top of the chocolate in the cases.
- Finish by closing the butter cups with another teaspoon of chocolate or more as required.
- Allow to chill in the fridge until set and ENJOY.
MACROS: 167kcal/11g Fat/ 13g Carbs/3g Protein