The lovely people from Rolla Granola were nice enough to send me some awesome flavours to try out. I absolutely love baking with this granola, it stays crunchy, and as all of the flavours are packed with intense flavours I can create some truly spectacular treats.
I fancied something chocolatey today so I started about creating a protein brownie bar. I wanted to make something just the right size so I used this fab silicone bar mould I bought on amazon. Bargain!
My recipe makes 8 perfect size brownie bars
- 100g Awesome almond rolla granola
- 10g Cocoa powder
- 25g Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Agave
- 25g Chocolate whey protein
- 80ml Unsweetened almond milk
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4 or 180 degrees, and get your silicone bar mould out, or prepare a normal brownie tin.
- Pop your granola in a bowl and gently crush, you want some bigger chunks still left in there so don’t go too mad, the back of a spoon would be good enough.
- Add in your cocoa powder and mix thoroughly to coat the granola.
- Mix in the coconut oil, followed by the agave and then the eggs.
- Add in the whey protein and pour in the almond milk bit by bit until the mix becomes a wetter texture.
- Transfer into your bar mould or brownie tin, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. The bars should rise slightly and look like mini loafs.
- If you want to be naughty you could top them with melted dark chocolate!!
MACROS(per bar): 147 kcal/ 9.7g Fat/ 10.9g Carbs/7g Protein