I bought THE most excitingly autumnal flavour of peanut butter on The Protein Works, well actually my boyfriend bought me it, better say that because if he reads this he will put me straight! Its PUMPKIN SPICE!!!! I know brace yourselves autumn is officially here, and I am all over the seasonal flavours. As soon as I tasted it, I wanted to smother it on a banana, something to do with the cinnamon in it I suppose, and I knew it would go so well in a banana bake.
Cookies were born! If you don’t have or don’t fancy getting yourself Pumpkin Spice peanut butter, regular peanut butter would do too.
- 1 Medium Banana
- 100g Pumpkin Spice Peanut butter luxe
- 30g Coconut flour
- 20g Pea Protein
- Pinch of Vanilla essence
- 80g Ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Agave
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 30g Dark Chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 6/ 190 degrees, and line a cookie tray with baking parchment.
- Mash your banana in a bowl, and add in your peanut butter, give it a good mix until combined.
- Add in your coconut flour, almonds, pea protein and vanilla essence. Mix well, this should create quite a stiff mix.
- Add in the agave and the melted (the microwave will do) coconut oil.
- Finally add in the dark chocolate chips, the mix will be a firm dough, similar in texture to a shortcrust pastry. Mould in your hands to create 10 cookies, and flatten down to discs. This mixture shouldn’t spread much in baking so don’t be afraid to make them the shape you want.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes until golden but still soft on the inside.
MACROS (per cookie): 169 Kcal/ 11g Fat/ 10.4g Carbs/ 7.3g Protein