Have you heard about macadamia nut oil?….No? Neither had I until the wonderful people at This is Good contacted me about trying it out. What a revelation. When compared to its popular rival coconut oil, this macadamia nut oil wins every contest. With a delicious buttery taste this versatile oil can be used in many recipes. Check out their website for a fabulous blog and so much information on the properties of the oil and its health benefits. For me whats important is the taste, and wow does it taste good in these rocky road clean treats I created.
Recipe makes 12 slices or one big slab if you want to be greedy!
- 100g Peanut butter
- 2 tsbsp Almond flour/ground almonds
- 25g Chocolate whey protein powder
- 20g Cocoa powder
- 30g Macadamia nut oil
- 65g Oats blended to a flour
- 20g Chocolate covered protein crispies (you can always leave these out or replace with something else to give it a crunch.
- 40g Macadamia nuts halved
- 55g Frozen raspberries
- 40g Dark chocolate
- Prepare a small brownie tin by lining with foil.
- Mix your peanut butter, almond flour, protein powder and cocoa powder.
- Add in the macadamia nut oil and ensure its fully combined.
- Add your blended oats to the mixture.
- Melt your chocolate, and add it to the mixture ensuring its well mixed.
- Quickly add the protein crispies, halved macadamia nuts and the frozen raspberries, combine carefully trying to not break up your raspberries too much!
- Spoon your mix, which will be thick in texture, into your prepared tin and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
MACROS (per slice): 169Kcal/ 11g Fat/ 7.7g Carbs/ 7.9g Protein