I had an amazon voucher so decided to treat myself to a few baking accessories, one being this mini donut pan. I have never attempted donuts before so I thought a cheap and cheerful pan was a good place to start, as I develop ideas and recipes further I think I’ll treat myself to something a little bigger, but for now this helped me produce something pretty awesome. Such fantastic macros.
My recipe makes 10 donuts
- 60g Coconut flour
- 25g Vanilla whey protein
- 60g Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 50ml Almond milk
- 20g Dark chocolate
- 5g Coconut oil
- 5g Plain Chocolate covered protein crisipies (can use alternatives to decorate, but you should totally add these to your musclefood order they’re fab!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4, if using a silicone donut pan like me there’s no need to grease it, otherwise prepare your tins.
- Combine the coconut flour, vanilla whey, apple sauce, egg and egg whites, baking powder and almond milk. The mixture should be quite wet.
- Carefully spoon the mix into the moulds avoiding covering the centre, to make sure you keep the donut whole intact!
- Bake in the oven for 15/20 minutes until starting to brown, and remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan.
- Once donuts are cooled prepare a dark chocolate and coconut oil mix by melting them together. Spoon the chocolate topping onto the donuts and sprinkle with the protein crispies, or alternative sprinkles of your choice.
MACROS (per donut): 61kcal/ 2.6g Fat/ 3g Carbs/ 4.8g Protein