The fantastic people at Rolla Granola were very kind, and sent me some insane tasting granola to try. I wasn’t sure I was a granola girl at first, but I must say I am a total convert. With the most exciting and extravagant flavour combinations, made with 100% natural ingredients, and with so many different dietary needs catered for, whats not to love!
I enjoyed the granola on its own (the odd cheeky handful), with milk, and even to top salads. I decided it was time I found a way to incorporate it into a bake, and after a few failed attempts I came up with the holy grail!
I used their hot raspberry granola, which is INSANE good, it has that sweet savory thing going on, and the fiery chilli compliments it so well, (which made it perfect in salads). The sweetness combined with the chilli reminded me of chilli chocolate so I decided it would do very well in a chocolate brownie.
My recipe made 8 (but they were huge! So happily make your batch go a bit further and make those macros even lower).
- 30g Coconut oil (melted)
- 70g Chocolate whey protein powder
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 50g Brown rice flour
- 40g Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 150ml Warm water
- 4 tbsp The protein works dark chocolate zero syrup (or equivalent)
- 70g Hot Raspberry Rolla Granola
- Preheat your oven to 180 degress/gas mark 4 and prepare a brownie tin by lining with baking parchment.
- Combine your protein powder, cocoa powder, brown rice flour, coconut sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave for 10/15 seconds and add into the dry mix.
- Add your zero dark chocolate syrup, and then slowly bit by bit the water.
- The mix will be quite wet so don’t panic. Add in your Rolla Granola last, and pour into your prepared tin.
- Bake for approx 15 mins, slightly dependent on how deep your brownies are (how big your tin is).
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
MACROS (per huge brownie): 181 Kcal/ 9.4g Fat/ 15.9g Carbs/ 10g Protein