It’s been a while since I created something truly gooey and naughty. For months I’ve been all about the savoury food, so when foodie flavours contacted me to try out their high strength all natural food flavourings I got all excited at the prospect of sweet clean treats again. I started by trying their raspberry flavouring, after a few not so successful creations I finally created these…and boy oh boy are they something. Gooey, delicious and so low calorie….these might be my favourite creation yet.
Please excuse the way they look, it took some time to perfect the recipe, so when I got it right I just went with it. I also am currently lacking a brownie tray so I had to make mine as brownie bites in a cupcake tin. But if I were you I would go brownie tray.
Recipe makes 9 crazy low calorie brownie bites….low enough you could easily cut them double size and double the mixture.
- 200g Very ripe bananas
- 80g Applesauce
- 60g Cacao
- 40g Pea protein powder
- 30g Raspberries
- 20/30 Drops of raspberry foodie flavours flavouring
- 10g Truvia
NOTE. If your protein powder is flavoured you may not need the extra sweetner. I wouldn’t recommend using whey, but a vegan blend would also be fine.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4 and prepare your brownie tin.
- Put the ripe bananas, applesauce, cacao, protein powder, Truvia and flavouring into a blender and blend thoroughly until the bananas are no longer visible. This will be a very thick mix so may take some blending but perservere.
- Chop up your raspberries into small pieces and gently mix into your stiff brownie mix.
- Transfer to your prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool, they get a real fudge texture when cooled so don’t be afraid to refrigerate them and keep a few for another day. If you can keep your paws off them.
MACROS: 55kcal/0.5g fat/10g carbs/4g protein