The wonderful people at Strippd Protein sent me a wonderful selection of samples from their range. They are leading the way with a fantastic tasting Vegan protein powder, and also provide whey protein options too.
Their Vegan protein is made with a blend of pea and hemp protein. I’m not vegan, therefore I can tell you that this protein does taste very good when compared to a whey protein. A lot of vegan proteins I have tried to bake with or drink in the past literally taste like trying to drink wet cardboard.
I didn’t use dairy free white chocolate chips but they are available if you wanted to make these cookies fully vegan.
60g Oats blended to a flour
140g Peanut butter or other nut butter of your choice
40ml Unsweetened almond milk
10g Flaked almonds
15g White chocolate chips/ Dairy free chocolate chips
20g Vitafiber syrup (can be left out if not available but will be harder to combine dough)
- Prepare a baking tray and line with foil, this tray will need to fit into your freeze.
- Mix the oats and protein powder in a bowl, and add in the truvia and agave.
- Add the peanut butter and form a breadcrumb like texture ensuring the peanut butter is fully separated into the dry mix.
- Add in almond milk a bit at a time until you can form a dough with your mix.
- Add in the white chocolate chunks and flaked almonds, and combine thoroughly into the dough.
- Finally add in the vitafiber syrup which will help your mixture come together.
- Form 12 balls and flatten them either with your fingers or the back of a fork.
- Transfer your cookies to your prepared tray and freeze for minimum 30 minutes before enjoying.
NB. Cookies will be best stored in the freezer, and taken out 5/10 minutes before eating to ensure they keep their texture.
MACROS (per cookie) 117kcal/ 6.8g Fat/ 6g NET carbs/ 6.4g Protein