When The Protein Works email came through about their new flavour of whey protein ‘Salted Caramel Latte‘ it took me a matter of minutes before I was on the website placing my order. I love a good latte, and I have had their ‘Caramel Macchiato’ flavour before and loved it, so I was sure this new creation wouldn’t disappoint. The moment I tasted it I knew I would be baking with it, and a coffee loaf was the most obvious way to go.
So here it is, its moist, light, and yet satisfying enough for breakfast with a bit of peanut butter and a coffee.
I had my slice with Pip & Nut Almond butter and it was DELICIOUS!
You’ll need a loaf tin, and ideally loaf tin liners, or baking parchment to line the tin with. The recipe makes one standard sized loaf and my macros are based on cutting it into 10 slices.
- 20g instant coffee dissolved in 20g approx boiling water
- 20g coconut oil
- 100g Salted caramel latte whey protein
- 100g Fage total 0% fat free yoghurt
- 100g Oats blended to a flour
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3 tbsp Agave
- 30g All bran
- 70g Unsweetened almond milk
- Dissolve your instant coffee in the boiling water and add in the coconut oil which will then melt in. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4
- Blend your oats to a flour and add in to the dissolved mixture. Add in the Salted caramel latte protein powder, yogurt and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the tsp of baking soda, agave and all bran, making sure the mix is thoroughly mixed.
- Finally add in the almond milk a little at a time. Beware it is quite a wet mix as it creates a nice moist texture to the loaf.
- Pour the mix into your prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for around 45mins until browning and a knife dipped into the middle comes out clean.
MACROS (per 1/10th loaf) 143 Kcal/ 4.4g Fat/ 15g Carbs (13g net carbs) / 11g Protein