I was lucky enough a few weekends ago that my boyfriend decided to make ME breakfast. This is somewhat of a rare occassion, so definitely called for celebration. With a little guidance from me he came up with this fantastic protein pancake recipe. Its totally fool proof and makes 6 fluffy pancakes the size I make them, or 4 huge fluffy man size ones.
- 60g Oats (blended)
- 75g Vanilla whey protein powder (I use The Protein Works, Vanilla Creme)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Heaped tsp baking soda
- 100ml Unsweetened almond milk
- Start by blending the Oats. (If you have a nutribullet or similar smoothie blended type gadget, just put all ingredients into it and blend…Voila)
- If you don’t, blend the oats, add in the protein powder, and baking soda.
- Finally whisk in the eggs and almond milk.
- Heat up your pancake pan with a little coconut oil and once it is very hot ladel the mix onto the pan.
- Wait for the bubbles to appear, and to pop before flipping.
- Enjoy fantastic light fluffy pancakes.
MACROS (per pancake when batch makes 6): 109Kcal/ 3.1g Fat / 7.8g Carbs/13.3g Protein