I was on a serious hunt for carbs today, I even text my boyfriend telling him I didn’t care I just wanted cookies…So I made cookies that I could just about afford to have today on a low carb day. These delicious little gems have only 3.1g net carbs, were so quick and easy to make, and meant I didn’t end up binging on naughty foods.
- 30g Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Pinch salt
- 10g Vanilla whey protein powder
- 10g Carob fruit syrup (you could easily replace with Agave)
- 75g Natural peanut butter
- 15g Dark chocolate chips
- 50ml Unsweetened almond milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a cookie sheet with tin foil/baking parchment.
- Gently mixing the coconut flour, baking powder vanilla whey protein, salt and xantan gum together.
- Add the carob/ agave along with the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Add in the almond milk a little at a time, 50ml should create a perfect dough like texture soft enough that it can be mouldable without falling apart.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mix and separate the dough into 6 balls. Roll the balls in the palm of your hands and flatten down into a disc shapes, before placing onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10/15 minutes until they colour up golden brown. Leave to cool and enjoy!
MACROS (per cookie): 118kcal/ 7.4g Fat/ 6.1g Protein/ 5.5g Carbs (3.1g NET CARBS)