These gooey soft coconut cupcakes were a real craving saver. I really fancied something sweet and I needed it to be low carb. Coconut and coconut flour is naturally high in fibre and low in carbohydrate so I knew it would be a good place to start. They have all the texture of a light fluffy cupcake without all of that sugar and fat added. You could easily try variations on these adding in cherrys or raisins instead of the chocolate chips.
My recipe made 7 cupcakes, but if you doubled up the recipe I think it would easily make a decent tray bake, or even a bigger cake.
- 50g Vanilla whey protein powder
- 15g Coconut flour
- 15g Dessicated coconut
- 10g Truvia
- 25g Coconut oil
- 100g Fage Total 0% fat free yogurt
- 30g Dark Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and prepare a cupcake tin by lining with cases.
- Combine coconut oil and truvia in a bowl, once combined add all other dry ingredients, saving back a little pinch of dessicated coconut for decoration.
- Add the eggs to the mixture and mix in thoroughly.
- Mix in the yogurt until you have a cupcake batter texture.
- Finally add the chocolate chips, saving some for decoration if you wish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the sponges ping back up when your touch the middle of the cupcake.
MACROS (per cupcake): 128kcal/8g Fat/3.4g NET Carbs/9.6g Protein