After a post-christmas catch up with one of my best friends, I learned that she had been given a waffle maker for Christmas! I couldn’t resist organising a waffle making date to try out something new. Anyone who doesn’t have a waffle maker…firstly buy one (like I am going to) or you can use this recipe to make a stack of low carb pancakes.
These were utterly delicious. I topped mine with total 0% fat free greek yoghurt, a handful of blueberries, sprinkle of freeze dried raspberries, and flaked almonds. I finished the waffles with The protein works zero syrup in dark chocolate flavour. Because they are so low carb I could get away with one even on a low carb day!
- 60g Almond Flour
- 60g Vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Egg white (equivalent to the white of one large egg)
- 1/2 tsp Stevia
- 50ml Almond milk
- Heat up your waffle iron, or pancake pan if using the recipe for pancakes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture, and crack in the egg, add egg white and stir in.
- Slowly add milk a bit at a time, for the waffles you may not need the whole 50ml as the texture of waffles is usually a bit thicker than pancakes.
- Pour mix into the waffle maker or make pancakes.
MACROS per waffle: 116kcal/ 6.6g Fat/ 3.2g Carbs/11.7g Protein