These are a REAL game changer. I discovered VitaFiber was for sale at Musclefood I couldn’t help myself but add it to my usual delivery of lean meats. VitaFiber is a low calorie sweetener which is the ingredient in Quest bars that gives them there distinctive texture, and insane low net carb count! It is super low calorie at 4kcal per gram, and are 90% fibre. When it arrived I could hardly contain myself and got straight into the kitchen and begin trying things out. I have SO much more to do with VitaFiber and have already begun practicing new recipes which once perfected will appear on the blog. This is just a very simple cookie recipe, more biscuit like texture if I’m honest, they tasted fantastic and really take on the flavour of what ever protein powder I added. The only downside is its pretty tricky to make more than one at a time…probably for the best eh. Anyway so many endless flavour combinations and possibilities. Here is a basic recipe that you can adapt with anything you like! How exciting.
- 18g VitaFiber
- 10g Chocolate whey protein powder
- 5 chocolate chips (yes 5 not 5g)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4.
- Mix the VitaFiber and protein powder together until they form a sticky dough.
- Roll the mix in your hands into a ball and gently flatten into a round disc the size and thickness you roughly would want your cookie to be, and place on baking parchment on your baking tray.
- Place the chocolate chips onto the top of the cookie and bake in the oven for 8 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy
MACROS: 79Kcal/ 1.5g Fat/2g Net Carbs/8g Protein
Alternatives: Chocolate orange protein with chocolate chips; Vanilla protein with freeze dried raspberries and white chocolate chips; Chocolate peanut protein with a dollop of peanut butter and chocolate chips; Chocolate protein with dark chocolate zero syrup from the protein works and dark and white chocolate chips; Vanilla protein with ginger and cinnamon; Chocolate protein with freeze dried cherries and added cocoa powder.
The possibilities are literally endless.