I am on a mission to create a fantastically satisfying protein brownie, I tend to plunge for ingredients such as almond butter for bakes like this, but I wanted them to be lower carb and importantly NUT FREE. My best friend is allergic to nuts, and recently the flat we share together has been full of delicious smelling protein bakes…none of which she has been able to eat!
When I came home today and said I was going to bake some brownies, she virtually begged me to try, as I keep saying I will, to make something nut free. So here goes!
I imagine my protein brownie mission will be ongoing, and often not nut free, but I am pretty pleased with how these turned out. Very satisfying when you need that chocolate fix.
- 180g Philadelphia lightest
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 90g Chocolate Whey protein
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 80g Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
- 100g Waldens Farm Chocolate Sauce
- 240g Egg Whites
- 80g Stevia
- 100g Chopped Raspberries (large chunks)
- 50g Dark Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4
- Allow Philadelphia to soften outside of the fridge, combine with the chocolate whey protein powder.
- Melt chocolate (I just use the microwave checking every 20 seconds)
- Add chocolate into the mix along with all other ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a brownie tray.
- Bake for approx 20 mins checking half way through. They may still be a little wet when you first take them out as with most brownies, so let them finish cooking outside, and cool in the tin.
MACROS: 130kcal/ Fat 6g/ Carbs 11g/ Protein 11g