To celebrate I decided to create some yummy pumpkin protein muffins to get into the spirit of things.
This recipe makes 8 large cupcakes, and is really simple to make.
- 115g Pumpkin
- 2 1/2 scoops of Vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1tbsp Mixed spice
- 40g Brown rice flour
- 3tbsp Agave
- 15g Ground Almonds
- 1 Egg
- 100g Total 0% Greek yoghurt
- Pumpkin seeds to decorate
- Firstly the pumpkin, get a small sized eating pumpkin small enough to fit in the microwave comfortably. Prick the pumpkin all over with a fork and pop in the microwave for approx 10 mins checking it until it is soft.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4. Slice the top of the pumpkin, scoop out the seeds, and cut up the body of the pumpkin
- Scoop all of the soft flesh away from the skin and blend in a blender or with a hand blender. (I use my nutribullet) It just needs to be like a puree texture nothing too fine.
- Add the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice, and brown rice flour.
- Mix throughly adding in the agave, ground almonds, egg, and a heaped teaspoon of the yoghurt. The rest is to frost the cupcakes.
- Bake in cupcake cases in the middle of your pre-heated oven for 15/20 minutes, until they spring back when touched in the centre.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled top with yoghurt and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
MACROS: 113kcal/ 3g Fat/13.1g Carbs/9.7g Protein