Some days the prospect of a bowl of plain porridge in the morning just doesn’t cut it. Oats are a great way to start the day, so I decided to incorporate them into these super simple protein pancakes. They are made with banana, but those banana haters out there please do not shy away as they are only there to create the right texture, and you don’t really get a banana flavour at all, just a nice light fluffy pancake.
It really is so super simple and you can whip these up in minutes…I do even before work.
Recipe makes 5 pancakes
- 1 medium banana
- 50g Oats blended to a fine texture (I use Quaker Oats and blend them)
- 1 1/2 scoops of Vanilla Whey protein powder (I use The Protein Works Vanilla Creme)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml approx unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
- Set up your pan to a high heat and add a little coconut oil (or any other light oil alternative of your choice)
- Personally I use a nutribullet for this recipe, whack all the ingredients in and blend. You will need to get your oats down to a fine grain so some form of blender hand held or otherwise would be needed.
- If you don’t have a nutribullet or similar, blend your oats down, add the protein powder, and baking powder.
- Mash your banana finely and add to the dry mix.
- Add almond milk and whisk until it forms a batter, adding a little at a time to ensure a pancake mix consistency.
- Pour 1/5 of the mix into your pan, when holes start to appear on the surface of the pancake its time to flip.
- I serve straight away with a medium banana sliced, and any other fruit I have in the house. I always drizzle with ‘The Protein Works Zero Maple Syrup’ which is basically the best thing in the world. More about those later!
MACROS: per pancake 114kcal/Fat 4.3g/Carbs 12g/Protein 7.5g